PSA (Parents’ School Association)
In a spirit of good governance -
The Yiwu Parent Advisory Council works to support the administration of the school to provide students with a well-rounded and academically rigorous educational program which prepares them to productively meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Involve parents in the policy/strategy making process
- Advise on the creation of long and short term development plans for the school
- Provide timely and relevant advice to the management of the school
- Bi-monthly, pilule or as requested/needed
- Review and evaluate Yiwu performance in achieving the agreed targets (development and improvement plans)
- Give feedback to the management of the school regarding implementation of the development plans and matters arising
- Meeting minutes & Development Program progress reported to Managing Director, Singapore, HQ
- Regular open parent meetings & written communication
- Annual report to parents at the AGM
Parent Advisory Council
In 2009, a Parent Advisory Council was established
- to help support the development of the school
- to monitor the implementation of the school development plan
- to advise the administration on the operation of the school through direct consultation with the principal
- to communicate
with parents on the plans and progress in developing the school. The Parent Advisory Council are most enthusiastic about strengthening the international learning environment of the school, not just for their children but for all children in Yiwu.
Parent / School Association
The Parent/School association that started in November 2009 got off to an enthusiastic start with a committed group of parents. Activities that have arisen from these monthly meetings are a Parent run soccer clinic for the children every Saturday afternoon, involvement in school based events and organization of our annual Sundowner Dinner/Dance. Every month there is a focus on curriculum, school events and social activities.